Nội dung chính
This document describes how to download and use the Intelligent Updater (IU) to update definitions for Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP).
The Intelligent Updater is an executable file that can be used to update virus definitions for the Symantec Endpoint Protection Windows client. To update the definitions, run either the Daily Certified or Rapid Release Intelligent Updater on the local computer.
Using the Daily Certified Intelligent Updater
- Go to the antivirus definitions page for the downloading Intelligent Updater
- For Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.x – Intelligent Updater
- Note: You can also get a download for UNIX platforms for this page, but these steps are only for Windows.
- Locate the correct file to download for updating the definitions, depending on whether it is for a 32-bit or a 64-bit operating system, or which version of Symantec Endpoint Protection you use.
- For example, the file names might look like “20161212-016-v5i32.exe” (for 32-bit) or “20161212-016-v5i64.exe” (for 64-bit).
- Click the file name and download it to your hard drive.
- Locate the file that you downloaded, and double-click the file to run the Intelligent Updater.
You can also get downloadable IPS content through the Network-Based Protection (IPS) content pages given below.
- For 14x to download click here
For Macintosh, see Intelligent Updater and Endpoint Protection for Macintosh.
For Linux, see How to update a Linux-based computer with Intelligent Updater definitions.
Using the Rapid Release Intelligent Updater
- Go to the Rapid Release Virus Definitions page.
For your information, read the information about Rapid Release definitions at the top of the page.
- Locate the correct file to download for Symantec Endpoint Protection, depending on whether it is for a 32-bit or a 64-bit operating system, or which version of Symantec Endpoint Protection you use.
- For example, the file names might look like “vd2a5020.jdb” (for 32-bit) or “symrapidreleasedefsv5i64.exe” (for 64-bit).
- Click the file specified for Symantec Endpoint Protection, and download it to your hard drive.
- Do one of the following:
- On 64-bit computers, double-click the file that you downloaded to run the Intelligent Updater.
- On 32-bit client computers, read how to download .jdb files to update definitions for managed Endpoint Protection clients.
Source : https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?legacyId=tech102606